Project 1: Safe Haven
In this service opportunity you will be assisting our community partner, Safe Haven. Safe Haven is an organization whose mission is to end domestic violence through safety, support, prevention, and social change through providing free counseling, legal services, and case management to victims of domestic violence.
For this Take Action Impact project, you will be scooping laundry detergent into Ziploc bags so individuals can pick it up from the shelter. If you would like more information on Safe Haven you can click here.
Items you will need:
- Plastic Ziploc bags
- Powder Laundry detergent
- Plastic tablecloths
- 1/2 cup measuring cups
- Purchase the Ziploc bags and powder laundry detergent (pro tip: places like Sam’s Club and Costco sell large quantities for a great price)
- Set up a station where people can scoop the laundry detergent into Ziploc bags (pro tip: make sure to put down a plastic tablecloth to make clean up easier)
- Start scooping the laundry detergent into the Ziploc bags (Make sure it’s only 1/2 scoop)
- Make sure to take pictures of your event!
- After all the laundry detergent is in bags, you can put them in grocery bags or a large box to make it easier to drop them off at Safe Haven.
- Fill out the event form and download the reflection guide to reflect with your group! This is located on the Take Action Impact Project home page.
- Deliver to Safe Have
Safe Haven of Tarrant County
1100 Hemphill St. #303, Fort Worth, TX 76104
(877) 701-7233, Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5PM