Project 3: Lunches of Love
In this service opportunity you will be assisting our community partner, Lunches of Love (LOL). Lunches of Love is a non-profit organization committed to helping end childhood hunger in Fort Bend County by providing a free nutritious sack lunch during extended school holidays and weekends.
You will be decorating the lunch bags for the sack lunches with encouraging and positive messages. If you want to learn more about Lunches of Love click here.
Items you will need:
- Brown Paper Bags
- Markers or Crayons
- Any other items you would like to decorate with (stickers, etc)
- A box or large envelope to mail the decorated lunch bags to Lunches of Love
- Purchase brown paper lunch bags from the store (pro tip: places like Sams Club or Costco sell large quantities for a good price)
- Set up a station where people can decorate the bags with fun, creative, positive images or words. You can see examples of possible ways to decorate a bag in the youtube video below.
- Be sure to take pictures at your event!
- After all the bags are decorated you put them in a box or large envelope and mail them directly to Lunches of Love.
- Fill out the event form and download the reflection guide to reflect with your group! This is located on the Take Action Impact Project home page.
Their mailing address is:
Lunches of Love
P.O. Box 1161
Rosenberg, TX 77471