Project 5: Notes of Encouragement
Alliance For Children is the children’s advocacy center serving all of Tarrant County. Since 1992, over 55,000 children have benefited from Alliance For Children’s teamed investigations and coordinated approach. Alliance For Children is a nonprofit organization that operates child-friendly centers located in Arlington, Fort Worth, Hurst and Lakeside. It is our mission to protect Tarrant County children from child abuse through teamed investigations, healing services and community education.
For this Take Action Impact Project. You will be creating positive and encouraging noted for children who have demonstrated thoughts or behaviors of suicide and anxiety. These “Notes of Encouragement” help children see they are not alone and make them realize there is people out there who are there to help them.
You can find pictures below of notes and envelopes we have received in the past. You may use these for inspiration and as examples to create your own. However, feel free to be as creative as you want with the decoration of these! You can add stickers, glitter, washi tape, or anything else you can think of. You can also create word searches or print the positive traits word searches linked below. This is just a few examples, you can personalize cards however you like. For more information about Alliance for Children click here.
Items You Will Need:
- Cardstock or construction paper (any color)
- Envelopes (any color)
- Different color markers, pens, crayons (whichever you prefer!)
- Any items you would like to decorate with (stickers, glitter, washi tape, etc.)
- Positive traits word search (link: https://ibb.co/NmtBFww or https://ibb.co/Ycq7Sv5 )
- Print the cards from this link and write a positive message and decorate the inside (link: https://docdro.id/xcuVX1i)
- Use 4×6 envelopes if printing card
- Decide what color paper you want to make your card or print out the cards from the link.
- Begin writing an encouraging message (link: https://docdro.id/n0AfNhf)
- Add, stickers, fun quotes, printable coloring pages..FEEL FREE TO BE CREATIVE!
- Decorate the envelopes and place cards inside.
- Fill out the event form and download the reflection guide to reflect with your group! This is located on the Take Action Impact Project home page.
- Deliver cards to Alliance for Children. Please email Ayda Torres-Rogers to discuss the best location to drop off the cards.
Alliance for Children
908 Southland Ave. Fort Worth, TX, 76104
Email Ayda Torres-Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions!