Student Success Resources
General Tutoring and Academic Support
- TCU Student Support Services (for those who qualify) www.trio.tcu.edu/student-support-services/
- Center for Academic Services
- test taking skills, note taking, textbook tips, time management, learning styles
- Student Success Coaching
- Student Success Coaching is an opportunity for students to benefit from one-on-one success coaching within a solution-focused model. Coaches will assist students with identifying challenges, connecting with resources, creating action plans, and providing referrals to campus services and opportunities resulting in an increase in student persistence and success at TCU.
Academic Support by school or college (including tutoring and resources)
**The links should take you to the most sustainable place we’ve found for helpful information, focusing on tutoring, academic support, and/or advising. If you notice something out of date or have an addition, please email email@example.com so we can update it. If an area is not listed below, we have not been able to find information on tutoring or other resources specific to that area of study at this time. This page will focus only on resources provided by TCU, third party offerings will not be considered for publication at this time**
AddRan College of Liberal Arts
- The Center for Digital Expression (CDEx) provides support for the entire TCU community—students, faculty, and staff.
- We provide individual consultations, training, tutorials, and workshops on many issues related to digital composing. We believe in empowering you to feel comfortable learning, teaching, and creating digital projects—we do not believe in completing projects on your behalf.
- The Writing Center
- Department of Economics
- Department of History
- Department of Modern Languages
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Bob Schieffer College of Communication
College of Education
College of Science & Engineering
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Geological Sciences
- Nutritional Sciences
- NTDT 10003 and NTDT 20403 have upper-level student assistants that can help
- Physics & Astronomy
Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- Group tutoring is available for specific courses and majors in individual and group capacities, some free of charge. Talk to your academic advisor about the tutoring options.
- Group tutoring in Patho, Pharm, AP 1 and 2, Adult 1 and 2.
- Individual tutoring range in subjects AP 1 and 2, Patho, Pharm, Adult 1 and 2, and other subjects geared towards these majors. Students can contact me with individual tutoring which are arranged by student and tutor. They make time and pay arrangements with the tutor on their own.
- For our students, Stacy Dissinger (ACE- Academic Advisor) also offers Academic Coaching on learning and study strategies. Time management, learning styles, note taking and test taking.
- (817)-257-6810, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tutoring is available free of charge by visiting the Tutoring lab. Please see the tutoring lab schedule HERE. Several Master of Accounting students also serve as Accounting tutors and are available by appointment for 30 minute tutoring sessions. Appointments must be made directly with the MAc tutors at least 48 hours in advance. Please view hours of availability and contact information: www.neeley.tcu.edu/accounting/