What is Frogs First?
Frogs First is a welcome program for new students as they prepare to begin their college experience at TCU. During Frogs First, students are challenged, connected to the campus and their peers, and prepared for what it means to be a successful and fulfilled member of the Horned Frog family. Frogs First is all about connecting new students to the Horned Frog Community.
We believe that no matter where we have come from, no matter what organizations we join, that we are all Frogs First!
Frogs First Leader Details:
Frogs First Leaders play a key role in new students’ transition by leading a small group of incoming students through Frogs First weekend activities (including the Chancellor’s Assembly, the Common Reading, Family Dinners, Need 2 Know, and more), guiding the incoming first-year and transfer students through their first days on campus, and showing new students what it means to be a Frog first.
Educational and Developmental Benefits:
Participating in a University Leadership Role affords student leaders a unique opportunity to put theories into practice. As a Frogs First Leader, you will serve as a role model and mentor, guiding students through the events needed to transition successfully into TCU. These skills and experiences will aid you in connecting academic ideas to real-world situations, career preparations, and continuing to develop leadership skills.
Qualifications for Participation:
- Genuine affection, appreciation and respect for TCU
- Strong desire to assist incoming students in their transition to TCU
- Commitment to upholding TCU’s mission statement
- Willingness to make mentoring new students a central priority
- Positive attitude, maturity, enthusiasm, and responsibility
- Ability to lead a small group with a co-facilitator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good conduct standing with the University
- 2.5 minimum cumulative GPA
- Have finished at least one semester of college at the end of Spring 2020
Applications will be live from February 17-March 2 on sds.tcu.edu. You will have an opportunity to sign up for your individual interview before you submit your application. Individual interviews will be held from March 23-April 3. Interviews will last approximately 30 minutes and attire will be business casual.
*Please note that women in Panhellenic chapters are able to participate as Frogs First Leaders with the exception of women who serve in executive offices/roles directly involved with Panhellenic recruitment. Panhellenic women who are selected as Frogs First Leaders may NOT attend rounds or voting during Frogs First activities.