Chancellor’s Leadership Program
The Chancellor’s Leadership Program (CLP) is a leadership development program guided by the Social Change Model of Leadership Development. Open to all majors, CLP offers a co-curricular, three and a half year, guided cohort experience for students who commit to learning how leadership development will contribute to their education and their communities.
Students selected for CLP participate in a weekly seminar held on Thursdays from 3:30-5:00 pm that beings in the second semester of their first year and continues through senior year. Throughout the program CLP Fellows are expected to complete a number of activities including identifying their leadership style and strengths, participating in leadership retreats, creating meaningful dialogue with their cohort peers, active community service, and the completion of a Social Change Legacy Project. The Social Change Legacy Project provides students with an opportunity to create lasting social changing in their communities focusing on a social topic of their choice. Fellows are assigned a CLP Cohort Advisor whose role is to facilitate seminars and meet with each Fellow regularly to discuss additional opportunities for personal leadership growth.
CLP APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
The application process takes place during the fall semester for new students.
- Information sessions for the program will take place early fall
- Completed applications are first reviewed by TCU staff and committee
- Applicants will be invited to participate in an interview with selection committee members
- Decisions and notifications will be sent out in November
- The newly selected cohort will begin the program in January
Application requirements for the Chancellor’s Leadership Program:
- First year students or transfer students (who are graduating in Spring 2023)
- Online application
- One recommendation from a TCU Faculty / Staff member or personal mentor submitted online. The link to the Recommendation Form is found in the application.
BOTH forms must be submitted by their respective deadlines for your application to be considered. Recommendations should be submitted online. Paper or e-mail recommendations will NOT be accepted.
NOTE: Students selected for CLP will be REQUIRED to attend a weekly seminar (on Thursdays from 3:30-5:00 pm) as well as a retreat on a weekend in Spring 2020. Dates will be provided if you are selected for the program.
Contact the TCU Leadership Center at email@example.com with any questions concerning applications and recommendations.