Welcome to Connections!
Connections is a 7 week, small-group centered leadership development program designed to help new students transition successfully into the TCU
community. Housed within TCU’s Leadership Center, students will focus on their Strengths, according to Gallup’s StrengthsQuest, while learning to invest in and help shape a thriving campus community. Participants will explore the ways in which their personal lives and leadership styles are connected to the larger community.
Though not required, Connections is highly recommended and attracts several hundred incoming students per year. Additionally, Connections represents, for many, the first step toward earning a leadership medallion upon graduation from TCU. This medallion can be earned by becoming part of the Leadership Scholars Program.
Register for Connections HERE or in person at Orientation.
For more information, please see our FAQ below or feel free to call 817-257-7855 or email Eric Ekwueme, Assistant Director of the TCU Leadership Center, at email@example.com.
Connections will meet each Wednesday for 7 consecutive weeks starting August 30, 2017. The program will begin at 3:30 p.m. and conclude at 5:00 p.m.
>> Connections 2017 starts August 30th — check back soon for more details!
Why join Connections?
Connections will help you:
• Identify and best utilize your strengths
• Earn credit toward the Leadership Scholars Medallion
• Transition into the TCU community
• Learn many ways to get involved on campus
• Be a positive leader in your community
• Gain insight on your own strengths and how they translate into college
• Comes highly recommended
• Connects students to upper-level mentors, staff and outside resources
• Students are able to identify their strengths and learn how to best utilize them
• First step toward earning a leadership medallion upon graduation from TCU through the Leadership Scholar Seminar Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I sign up to participate in Connections?
A: You may register for Connections using the link above. In addition, first-year students will have the opportunity to sign up for Connections during Orientation this summer. We will be in Milton Daniel Residence Hall on the second day of Orientation.
Q: What is the time commitment for Connections?
A: Connections is every Wednesday from 3:30-5:00 p.m. during the first seven weeks of school.
Q: What if I have a class scheduled during that time?
A: Unfortunately, if you have a class scheduled during the time frame of 3:30-5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays, you will not be able to participate in Connections. However, we do encourage you to look out for the Connections Mentor applications that open late in the fall semester.