LeaderKids is a unique service based leadership opportunity for TCU students to act as mentors for 8th graders in the Fort Worth Independent School District (FWISD). By collaborating with Leadership Fort Worth and FWISD, TCU is able to bridge the gap in leadership development of 8th graders. Additionally there are many developmental opportunities for these TCU mentors. Whether it is in monthly meetings with the 8th graders or in internship/training opportunities with Leadership Fort Worth and the TCU Leadership Center, students will be challenged to grow their knowledge and skills of leadership.
• Meets once per month on Tuesday from 2-6pm with 8th graders
• 2 mentors for every 5 mentees
• Mentors attend monthly development meetings
• Learn and implement the 5 Practices of Exemplary Leadership
• Mentors will be assigned a co-mentor with 4-5 mentees
Goals of the Program
• Develop leadership potential
• Communicate positive and lasting values
• Encourages the ability to accomplish goals
• Must attend a mentor training, monthly meetings, events
• Always encourage mentees to finish their goals and develop leadership potential
• Have a positive and encouraging attitude
• Keep in touch with mentees each month
Apply to be a Mentor
Applications to be a mentor for the 2017-18 school year are now closed. Check back in January for additional opportunities.