StrengthsQuest gives students and educators the opportunity to develop strengths by building on their greatest talents–the way in which they most naturally think, feel, and behave as unique individuals. Grounded in Positive Psychology and the Clifton StrengthsFinder, StrengthsQuest is used at more than 600 schools and universities and has helped more than 2 million people achieve academic, career, and personal success (www.strengthsquest.com).
Each year the TCU Leadership Center distributes more than 1,000 StrengthsQuest codes to members of the TCU community with the goal of creating a unified way to discuss our strengths and personal talents.
The “Strengths Philosophy” provides:
• Students and educators the opportunity to develop strengths by building on their greatest talents
• A way to learn how to utilize your strengths in academics, leadership, career and beyond
• Education through workshops, individual sessions, and seminars with a trained knowledgeable staff
StrengthsQuest for Students
• Academics—StrengthsQuest can help you thrive in your academic career by showing you how you can leverage your talents to approach your coursework through a focus on what you naturally do well. By using your strengths in your studies, you can take greater control over your academic future.
• Relationships—You have many relationships in your life as a student: with parents, teachers, professors, siblings, roommates, friends, teammates, and others. But in all your relationships, who encourages you to be your best? Viewing your relationships through the lens of strengths can give you a new perspective on how you relate to the people in your life.
• Leadership—Developing as a leader might be one of the most significant and important opportunities you will have as a student. Chances are, at some point in your life, you will have the opportunity to lead; in fact, you may already have served as a leader several times. Learning and emerging as a leader is a process that takes knowledge, skills, and practice, and it requires you to be intentional in how you use your talents.
StrengthsQuest for Faculty & Staff
To request a Strengths workshop: https://orgsync.com/30239/forms/34185
StrengthsQuest offers a valuable tool to support teams of staff, faculty, and administrators in facilitating discussions about team members’ strengths by:
• Helping effective and productive teams meet their goals and achieve meaningful outcomes by capitalizing on the diverse talents of their members.
• Teaching the best teams to achieve success by developing a team dynamic that welcomes, values, and leverages each members’ talents.
• Giving supervisors tools that can provide supportive work environments and opportunities for their staff to grow and develop using their individual talents.