Senior Events & Opportunities
- Welcome Back Reception – A kick-off event exclusively for seniors and held within the first few weeks of class. Enjoy connecting with individuals from across campus that are vested in your success during your Senior Year! Enjoy some food, entertainment, networking, and an exclusive Senior giveaway!
- Senior Ring Ceremony and Senior Thank You Notes – At the Senior Ring Ceremony on Family Weekend, seniors process to formally receive their rings from the Chancellor. While at the event, seniors can complete elegantly printed thank you cards to recognize the importance of support from their family members. Senior Transitions provides the postage and mailing.
- Preparing for the Post-College Reunion – A Family Weekend presentation and discussion with students and their family members about the common issues in this very common and often challenging transition.
- Seniors hear from guest speakers and participate in workshops on the skills and information required for success after graduation, such as:
- Researching & Applying to Graduate/Professional Programs
- Making the Most of Graduate/Professional School
- Financial Management & Planning
- Entering the Job Market
- Relocation & Independent Living
- Getting Along at Work: Ethics and Etiquette in the Workplace
- Building a New Social Life
- Senior Toast – Usually on the Wednesday following Final Exam Day in December, this TCU tradition has graduating seniors enjoying a casual dinner with the Chancellor. The Chancellor offers the graduating class a formal toast, and then facilitates an unparalleled distribution of valuable prizes.
- Fall Commencement – Cross the stage, receive your diploma, and make the memory for which you have worked so hard!
- Last Lecture Series – Four distinguished professors who have been nominated by seniors to present lectures on topics of special interest. One professor provides a lecture each month, January through April.
- Senior Send Off – Join fellow seniors for a weekend of relaxation and reflection, while learning from recent TCU alumni.
- Senior Speak Up – Exceptional seniors, nominated by TCU faculty and staff, provide fast-paced presentations on topics of personal interest that they believe can be of value to first-year students as well as other seniors. The event includes refreshments and to network with the presenters.
- Senior Toast – Usually on the Wednesday following Final Exam Day in May, this TCU tradition has seniors enjoying a casual dinner with the Chancellor. The Chancellor offers the graduating class a formal toast, and then facilitates an unparalleled distribution of valuable prizes.
- Commencement Reception – The night before graduation, join the Senior class along with faculty and staff to celebrate this incredible accomplishment with food, fun, and fireworks!
- Spring Commencement – Cross the stage, receive your diploma, and make the memory for which you have worked so hard!