Senior Events & Opportunities
- Senior Splash – A fun kick-off event exclusively for seniors and held during the first week of class. Enjoy a party at the TCU Rec Center pool with food, live music, t-shirts and great prizes!
- Senior Ring Ceremony and Senior Thank You Notes – At the Senior Ring Ceremony on Family Weekend, seniors process to formally receive their rings from the Chancellor. While at the event, seniors can complete elegantly printed thank you cards to recognize the importance of support from their family members. Senior Transitions provides the postage and mailing.
- Preparing for the Post-College Reunion – A Family Weekend presentation and discussion with students and their family members about the common issues in this very common and often challenging transition.
- Senior Alternative Fall Break Trip – An opportunity to exercise responsible citizenship in the global community by joining in a service project with an international focus. Priority is given to seniors who have not yet had an international learning experience.
- Senior (Dis)Orientation – Seniors hear from guest speakers and participate in workshops on the skills and information required for success after graduation, such as:
- Researching & Applying to Graduate/Professional Programs
- Making the Most of Graduate/Professional School
- Financial Management & Planning
- Entering the Job Market
- Relocation & Independent Living
- Getting Along at Work: Ethics and Etiquette in the Workplace
- Building a New Social Life
- Senior Toast & Fiesta – Usually on the Wednesday following Final Exam Day in December, this TCU tradition has seniors enjoying a casual dinner with the Chancellor. The Chancellor offers the graduating class a formal toast, and then facilitates an unparalleled distribution of valuable prizes.
- Fall Commencement – Cross the stage, receive your diploma, and make the memory for which you have worked so hard!
- Last Lecture Series – Four distinguished professors who have been nominated by seniors to present lectures on topics of special interest. One professor provides a lecture each month, January through April.
- Senior Reorientation – A program for seniors that provides them with a series of meaningful activities and discussions. Five weekly sessions provide both valuable information and opportunities for reflecting on their experience as college students and for preparing for their next steps in life. After the fifth session there is a celebratory banquet.
- TCU Pecha Kucha – Exceptional seniors, nominated by TCU faculty and staff, provide face-paced presentations on topics of personal interest that they believe can be of value to first-year students as well as other seniors. The event includes refreshments and opportunities for open discussion with the presenters.
- Senior Toast & Fiesta – Usually on the Wednesday following Final Exam Day in May, this TCU tradition has seniors enjoying a casual dinner with the Chancellor. The Chancellor offers the graduating class a formal toast, and then facilitates an unparalleled distribution of valuable prizes.
- Spring Commencement – Cross the stage, receive your diploma, and make the memory for which you have worked so hard!