Senior Launch 2017
Tuesday, October 3 – Dee J. Kelly Alumni & Visitors Center
5:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Attention Seniors! Are you ready for the next step after graduation? At Senior Launch, campus and community experts will connect you to resources to prepare for your post-grad life. The program will include a series of brief talks focused on applying to graduate/professional school, entering the job market, financial planning, and building a new social life. All of your post-grad plans don’t need to be figured out right now, but Senior Launch will provide strategies to get you moving in the right direction.
- 5:00pm: Check-In & Dinner is Served
- 5:30pm: Welcome & “What I Know Now that I Wish I’d Known Then,” Recent Alumni Panel Discussion
- 6:20pm: Breakout Period 1 (see topic options below)
- 7:10pm: Breakout Period 2
- 7:55pm: Closing Keynote with Carlo Capua, President of the TCU Alumni Association
Breakout Topics from Area Experts
Block 1 (6:20-7:00pm):
- Researching & Applying to Graduate/Professional Programs: Learn how to find the best programs for you and apply successfully.
- Entering the Job Market: Make sure your skills are well honed to searching for jobs effectively: finding/making job opportunities; interviewing; writing resumes and cover letters; building portfolios; etc.
Block 2 (7:10-7:50pm):
- Budgeting, Savings, Credit, Oh My – The Importance of Financial Wellness!: Gain important insight about budgeting, savings, credit, loan repayment strategies, benefits, and more. Future you will thank you for it. #financialfitness
- Building a New Social Life: What will you do for fun and meaningful relationships and activities after college? This session provides important tips on how to craft a life outside work/post-graduate education that can be satisfying, enriching, and healthy. Discover the best strategies and resources to make a smoother transition into a new living situation.
Questions? Contact Katie Beaulieu at email@example.com.