The Sophomore Getaway is a 2-day, off-campus retreat experience designed to help second-year students explore issues of purpose, identity, and life direction with peers and faculty/staff guides. Utilizing personal reflection, small group experiences, and large group sessions, the Sophomore Getaway provides students the opportunity to:
- Connect with peers experiencing similar life challenges
- Build relationships with faculty/staff guides who ask good questions and offer wise counsel
- Make meaning of the first year-and-a-half of college
- Develop understanding and skills about resilience in the midst of life’s demands and adversities
- Gain clarity about priorities, choices, commitments, and future direction
- All this, plus fun, relaxation, great food and nice accommodations
The Sophomore Getaway happens in January each year and advertisements and registration happen in the fall.
Leadership opportunities include the position of Sophomore Getaway Directors and applications for those take place in the spring.